Did you know that the first week of February is National Burn Awareness Week? Designed to elevate awareness and education of fire prevention and safety, this week is the perfect time to turn your attention to protecting your home and family. Unfortunately, we are seeing an alarming rate of fire-related injuries and deaths already this year. Earlier in January, a family of four in Sylmar, California, died from smoke inhalation in a home not equipped with working smoke detectors, according to fire investigators. Just days later across the country, a mother and eight of her children perished in a horrific house fire in Kentucky. [Read more…]
A defective trampoline and foam pit caused an accident that left a college gymnast quadriplegic. At trial, we succeeded in making it clear to a jury that the victim required $15 million in compensation vs. their $400,000 offer. View video below to see Senior Partner Greg Owen discuss the case: [Read more…]
Toys should surprise, delight and educate children, not hurt them. But despite great strides made in recent years by government regulators and consumer advocates to rid the nation of dangerous toys, they are still out there. And kids are still suffering: an average of 250,000 toy-related injuries each year since 2008 were serious enough to require a visit to the emergency room. Bottom line: parents, family and caregivers must remain vigilant.
Here are tips and resources you can use to prevent toy injuries and keep the magic of the holidays alive throughout the year: [Read more…]
Hope Schultz is seeking damages for wrongful death, negligence, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, and other charges, after her husband died due to faulty dialysis products from Fresenius USA. “Schultz claims that her 50-year-old husband, Michael Schultz, died the day he received his last dialysis treatment, Dec. 17, 2010. [Read more…]
Three-year-old Landon Beadore was helping his mom pick up toys when he knocked over a plastic gas can just like the one pictured here. The pilot light on a nearby water heater ignited the gas fumes, which flashed back to the nozzle on the gas can, turning it into a firebomb. [Read more…]