As the adage implies, home is where the heart resides. But for Beau Goodrick, it is his heart for securing justice rather than the location that has dictated his travels. A native of California, Beau’s pursuit of justice has led him from Santa Clarita Valley to Washington, D.C. — and back again.
As an Attorney at Owen, Patterson & Owen, Beau specializes in representing victims who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others. He is licensed to practice in both California and Washington, D.C., in addition to California’s four United States District Courts, the Eastern District of Texas, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. His litigation experience in both California and federal district courts, along with his passion for charitable work, provides clients with a combination of unparalleled legal skill and compassion.
Before joining the law firm of Owen, Patterson & Owen, Beau served as an associate for a Washington, D.C. Am Law 100 firm, representing corporate clients in patent litigation matters. It is here that his commitment to systemic change for vulnerable populations deepened.
In furtherance of this mission, Beau took on various pro bono cases throughout the country. He was instrumental in the appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals for a client whose unconstitutional rights had been violated while detained in the Los Angeles County jail system. His other advocacy efforts include helping draft a petition for habeas corpus on behalf of a death row inmate in Texas and representing an immigrant from El Salvador seeking asylum after receiving death threats from members of the MS-13 gang.
Beau’s journey to advocacy and protecting the rights of others began long before his legal career. While attending the University of Southern California, where he received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, he was actively involved with Engineers Without Borders. As a member, he helped design and build a running water system in La Estanzuela, Honduras. Prior to graduating with honors from the Emory University School of Law, he worked with the school’s Volunteer Clinic for Veterans, along with the local office of an international law firm, to reverse the denial of medical care for a veteran who had been refused access due to his discharge status.
Beau’s diverse legal background ensures clients receive successful representation in their personal injury claims. His experience with all facets of handling a case, from intake through pleadings and discovery to trial, enables him to approach each claim from varied angles to obtain a successful outcome. Beau also handles all phases of appellate litigation for OPO, from the Notice of Settlement to oral argument, which makes him one of the rare attorneys with experience in front of both trial and appellate courts. This allows him to view trial court proceedings from an appellate perspective unavailable to most attorneys.
Committed to giving back to the California community, Beau is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) and Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), in addition to his involvement with both the Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association (SCVBA) and Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), both organizations in which Beau has taken a leadership role. And Beau’s commitment to giving back is not constrained to the law: he sits on the Advisory Board for the Boys & Girls Club of the Santa Clarita Valley and presents to high school students on professionalism through his involvement with the Board for the Valley Industry Association (VIA).
Having recently returned to the Santa Clarita area, Beau strives to continue to advocate and protect victims against negligence and corporate greed.
- JD with Honors – Emory University School of Law
- BS Mechanical Engineering – University of Southern California
- State of California
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Honors & Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – California Civil Plaintiff
- Connecting to Success: Building Your Image, Valley Industry Association (Santa Clarita, March 2020)
- Networking Your Way to Trial, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association’s New Lawyer Division Travel Summit (Santa Cruz, June 2022)
- Connecting to Success: Building Your Image, Valley Industry Association (Santa Clarita, September 2023)
- Connecting to Success: Business Panel, Valley Industry Association (Santa Clarita, October 2023)
- Utilizing AI in the Legal World, Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association (Santa Clarita, October 2023)
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association (SCVBA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- California Lawyer’s Association (CLA)
- Screen Actors Guild
- Emory Law Supreme Court Advocacy Program
- Volunteer Clinic for Veterans
- Engineers Without Borders USA, USC Chapter
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)