Owen, Patterson & Owen, LLP is the largest, most successful personal injury firm in the Santa Clarita Valley. Practicing for over 43 years, they take dozens of calls daily from injury victims, receiving cases worth several thousand dollars to those worth several million dollars. The goal is to help as many people as they can, providing legal services to their neighbors and community, both local and national.
When someone is in an accident, especially a horrific accident with injuries, no one can expect that the victims will be able to communicate clearly, obtain necessary information or provide the information needed. Over the years, we have assembled a recommendation list in order to help you and your loved ones be as prepared as possible in case of an accident:
- Registration and insurance information must be readily available in more than one place, perhaps in the center divider and in the trunk.
- It is also best to laminate your insurance card that you keep in your wallet.
- Always have a portable phone charger. (It is easier to obtain the other driver(s)’ information by simply taking pictures of driver’s licenses, insurance cards, rather than writing it all down. Whenever possible, photograph property damage of all of the vehicles.)
- Keep a tool for cutting the seatbelt in the car.
- Keep blankets or jackets in the car at all times.
- Go to the doctor immediately after the accident even if you do not feel pain at that moment as it always gets worse with time if there was a significant impact.
There is no guarantee that you can prevent an accident from happening. But being prepared can make it much easier for you to handle what needs to be done if it happens. OPO has registration and insurance card holders to get these documents organized. If you would like one, have any questions about this article or would like to reach us, please contact us at email@example.com or at 661.799.3899.